Search

Saturday, April 12, 2014

What to write, what to write....

Ok, I'll come clean here, I haven't really thought about what I was going to write for today, so I hop you guys don't mind if I post a poem I wrote for my English class. Our teacher is assigning us to do an "I Am From" poem, I was going to do an acrostic poem of my name but you guys understand  I like keeping my true identity a secret, right?
well, here it is, I guess.

I am from the Grandmother who taught me to love,
I am from the Mother who taught me importance,
I am from the Father who taught me fear,
I am from the Stepfather who taught me to laugh,
I am from the Uncle who taught me games,
I am from the stuffed bear who taught me I'm never alone.
I am from the friends who taught me to play along,
I am from the cultural restaurants who taught me to explore,
I am from the camp who taught me to have fun,
I am from the church who taught me to believe.
I am from the books who taught me imagination,
I am from the bottles of nail polish who taught me to experiment.
I am from the boy who taught me friendship,
i am from the children who taught me to care for others
I am from the people, places, and things who taught me to live.

So, how is it? Don't give me too much of a hard time in the comments, this is just a rough draft. But if you have suggestions about anything please feel free to leave them in the comments.
Until next time, Good Bye!

No comments: